Technology: You can't get away from it! For most people, it's a love-hate relationship — you can't live with it but you can't live without it! The older generation, in particular, has increasingly begun to understand the need and necessity of 'getting with the program' when it comes to modern day technology - even if it means an ongoing refusal to get an email account.
But what cannot be underestimated is the remarkable effect that technology has had on our society — medical breakthroughs and procedures that has increased the life span for so many, pain reduction and healing through various technological modalities, as well as, devices that help with daily living tasks.
As we continue to embrace the advancements in the technological world, the older generations will reap the benefits of the newest gadgets and practices. This, in effect, will help them to remain independent longer and enable their caregivers to utilize the tools to help simplify their loved ones lives.
Some Of These Technological Tools Include:
- Ideal for those in a wheelchair or who are non-ambulatory—the wireless pager gives peace of mind knowing that you or your loved can summon for help with just the press of a button.
- The smart spoon is one of the newest inventions that helps to stabilize the hand movements of a Parkinson's Disease patient while they eat.
- The intelligent eye pillow is targeted vibration therapy that helps relieve the discomfort from eye pain, fatigue, migraines or headaches.
- Large lighted buttons make TV remotes user friendly for people with visual impairments or anyone who could benefit from simple, easy to use remote controls for their television.
- This unique attachment system allows users to dock and lock the bag into place on multiple mobility aids and includes a headphone cable port.
- The Laptop Laidback Ergonomic Laptop Table creates a more comfortable computing experience for lap top users who need to be completely reclined due to a physical disability.
- The intelligent vibrating knee and elbow sleeve helps provide pain relief and discomfort through this advanced easy to use stimulation system.
- This ergonomic keyboard and mouse in one requires no finger or wrist motion to operate. Specifically designed for anyone who has hand or finger issues that keep them from using a regular keyboard and mouse.
© Copyright 2017 The Wright Stuff, Inc. Articles may only be redistributed in its unedited form. Written permission from The Wright Stuff, Inc. must be obtained to reprint or cite the information contained within this article.