The Push® MetaGrip® Thumb CMC Brace
is most effective streamlined and durable brace for the relief of thumb CMC (basal joint) osteoarthritis. Custom-fit the brace by squeezing the embedded metal insert to snugly fit your thumb. Wear the Push® MetaGrip® while cooking, golfing, gardening, playing tennis, driving, knitting, and during all other work/household activities.
The Push MetaGrip Thumb CMC Brace provides several advantages. Made of material that is more durable than other supports, the material resists abrasion, will not deform if left in a hot environment, and can be washed in a washing machine. The orthosis is not intended to cover the CMC joint and some movement of the thumb CMC joint is possible when wearing the orthosis. Only minimal surface of the palm is covered, and movement of the hand or wrist is not restricted.
To determine the correct size needed, use a soft measuring tape to measure the circumference of your hand just below the knuckles of all fingers, excluding the thumb. Choose the appropriate size from the chart below. NOTE: This measurement is only a guideline for determining size, as it cannot take into account the size/shape of your thumb. If your measurement is near the size break point, only trying on both sizes can allow you to determine the best fit. The Push MetaGrip is not intended for all problems of the thumb. We strongly recommend you be measured and have the fit evaluated by a medical professional.
Application Instructions for the Push MetaGrip:
Push MetaGrip Thumb CMC Brace Instructions
- Before applying the Push MetaGrip to your hand the first time, gently bend the metal insert SLIGHTLY outward so the thumb area is somewhat larger.
- Open the straps.
- Slide your fingers and thumb into the brace and push the brace as far down on your thumb as possible.
- Gently, but firmly, close the straps; do NOT pull them tightly.
- Touch your thumb tip to your index fingertip, making a gentle "O" shape, but BE SURE your thumb muscles are relaxed and the thumb joints are slightly flexed.
- Look directly into your palm to be sure your thumb is not too far across your palm or too far out of your palm but in a mid-position.
- With your thumb in the mid-position and relaxed, squeeze the metal insert firmly so it snuggly fits around the muscles of your thumb.
Push MetaGrip Thumb CMC Brace Specifications:
- Choose: Left or right hand and size 1, 2 or 3.
- Fits: Thumb CMC.
- Material: Latex free.
- Care: Machine wash on gentle cycle at low temperature. Be sure straps are closed during washing. Washing in a net bag is recommended. DO NOT add bleach. DO NOT dry in dryer or wash in a dishwasher.