The HandiThings Hand Weight
is an adapted weight that fits comfortably on the back of the hand. This uniquely designed weighted glove has an open palm and loop fingers which allow the user's fingers and wrist to move freely.
The HandiThings Hand Weight is easier to put on and take off, and cooler to wear than standard weighted glove. This adapted hand weight provides excellent proprioceptive input and additional hand stability for users who experience tremors during fine motor tasks. The durable Lycra material pouch is double stitched for strength, and held in place by elastic thumb and finger loops, and a hook & loop (Velcro) wrist strap, leaving the palm of the hand completely open. The HandiThings Hand Weight is filled with lead-free steel shot and will fit the left or right hand. Extra small has 1/4 lb. of weight, Small has 3/8 lb. of weight; Medium and Large have 1/2 lb. of weight. To determine the size needed, measure along the base of the index finger to the base of the little finger along the palm (MP joints across the palm of the hand).
HandiThings Hand Weight Specifications:
- Includes: One hand weight.
- Fits: Left or Right Hand.
- Materials: Lycra, lead free steel shot. Contains Latex.
- X-Small: Measures 2-1/4 inches, weighs 1/4 lb.
- Small: Measures 2-1/2 inches, weighs 3/8 lb.
- Medium: Measures 2-3/4 inches, weighs 1/2 lb. weight.
- Large: Measures 3-1/2 inches, weighs 1/2 lb.
- X-Large: Measures 4 inches, weighs 1/2 lb.
- Color: Black.
- Care: Hand washing and air-drying is recommended.